Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Pound

So, tomorrow Nicholas will be one month old. I can't believe the milestones he has reached in this past month. Last night he reached another. Nick's new weight is 2 lbs 9 1/2 ounces. He has gained a pound in his first month. That is so great, and incredible. I really wanted him o reach that pound mark when he turned a month old. It is such an incredible weight gain since last time, I think a lot of the weight is fluid.. especially since he just had the blood transfusion. I am sure that helped him make the mark. He still made it though. Way to go Nick, mommy is so proud of you.

The cultures came back from the staph as well. Nick does have a staph infection. They are going to continue with the course of antibiotics that he is on. They think that the caught it early. The spot that he had, that turned out to be staph isn't even there anymore, so I am hoping they just have to do a short course of antibiotics. The antibiotics have risks to him, so the shorter the course, the better.

All in all, he is doing well. He is a strong little man. Nick is definitely my angel, and I know how incredibly lucky I am to have him.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so awesome!!! Yay Nick!

Mandy said...

Happy 1 month birthday Nick!!