Friday, December 19, 2008

Milestones

Nick was weighed last night... 2lbs 0.7 ounces. We have hit the 2 pound mark. YEAH!

He is still on cpap and doing well. His nurse told me this morning, that if he does well today, she will let me hold him this afternoon. I am so excited! I can hardly wait for this afternoon. Please keep Nick in your prayers that he does well today. If he has a few de-sat episodes, they will have to put him back on the vent, and I won't be able to hold him. It is completely selfish on my part, but I want to hold him so bad.

I will let you guys know this afternoon how he is doing. I hope to be checking in with a picture of me holding Nick for the very first time.

UPDATE: I got to hold Nick! It was only for about 15 minutes, but I did. It was wonderful. I couldn't believe it. He was all swadled in a blanket, and then put into my arms. He just slept in my arms. He seemed very relaxed. He didn't get agitaed at all. It was really great. I asked the nurse to take some photos, but they didn't turn out. So, I will try to take some more tomorrow to post. For now, he is doing beautiful. No de-sats today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and so very proud of my nephew!!!!!! There is nothing in the world like holding your baby for the first time especally for you having had to wait so long to do it. I bet it was wonderful!! Take care and I will talk to you later. Tiff

Mandy said...

Aw...so sweet! I am really glad you got to hold your baby:) That is excellent news.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for no de-sats, and that you got to hold him. I think Tristan 2-3 months old before Cristi was able to hold him. It is such a wonderful moment:) Ask them about letting you and Dad do "kangarooing." When Tristan got moved to the "growing room" and was in a regular crib, Cristi got a mobile that played a song, and another thing that went on the side of the crib that had movement and played several sounds, which were soothing to listen to, and also to stimulate his observing skills to be developed. They are just great there at taking care of the babies and the families:)
Ann Odom

Susan said...

That's GREAT! AS usual I was not around to take photos :( Hope to see some soon!
Susan