Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Better

I talked to Nick's nurse this morning and he is doing much better than yesterday. They gave him some lasix last night. That has seemed to help him. It got some of the fluid off from around his lungs, and just gave him an easier time breathing. He hasn't had any of the de-stating episodes last night or this morning after having the lasix. He is resting this morning. I am going to go down this afternoon and check on him.

I got a little better explanation of what was going on with him yesterday. Apparently, it is just due to his immature lungs. It is something that he will have to grow out of. This will probably last a few weeks. While it is scary and hard to watch, the doctors and nurses have it all under control. They are used to this sort of thing.

Yesterday was hard for me. Watching him was so difficult knowing there was nothing I could do to help him. I know there will be many other days in his life I will have that feeling. I am so thankful that today is better. I only hope that the good days far outweigh the bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen I really love this blog. It has become my favorite "show". I don't miss a day!! Give my nephew lots of hugs and kisses for me and tell him that his Aunt T loves him. Talk to you later.

Tara said...

I am praying for you guys and little Nick every day. I just know he is going to grow into a strong baby boy! I can't wait to meet him Saturday :) Love you ~ Tara