Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still Growing

Nick is still on the same course. He has had a few episodes over the past few days, but nothing like he was having a few days ago. He is still getting the steroid, and is handling it well. We are hoping the course of steroids really help his little lungs grow and mature. He continues to show his strong will, especially with the nurses. He doesn't like to be moved much, so when they have to change out his wires, or change his diaper, he gives them a little attitude. Lately, that has consisted of him scrunching up his face, and pulling on his vent tube when he gets angry. He even went to far as to tinkle when his diaper was off, causing his nurse to have to change all his bed linens, and clean him up. He did this, not once, but twice yesterday. I am sure I will regret this temper later, but for now, I know his strong will is what is keeping him so strong and growing. You can all remind me of this later when he is driving me crazy with that same attitude.

Nick got weighed last night. He is 1lb 12.2 ounces. Still growing. They expect his growth may slow a bit while on the steroids. That is a common side effect. They will continue to weigh him every other day, so we will see.

So, we are still doing okay. Taking it day by day. I am so proud of my little guy. I got a video camera for Christmas. My mom gave it early since Nick was early. I am going to try to remember it for tomorrow, and take some video of Nick that I can post. He is so cute when he wriggles around and kicks his feet up!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Brennan boys all start out that way, but look how they turned out:) I am really proud of my little nephew.