Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Try Again

I am sorry I didn't post yesterday. I feel like I have so much going on right now, I am not sure if I am even thinking straight. Nick didn't have a very good day yesterday. He had a few de-sats. He seemed to do them whenever the nurses did their assessment of him, or when someone messed with him. So, the nurses felt like him doing kangaroo care wasn't a good idea yesterday. We are going to try again today, but I know that he has had a few spells early this morning, so I am not sure if I will get to or not.

Even though he has had a lot of spells, they have not had to put him on the vent yet. They are really trying everything they can to keep him off of the vent. I just hope he cooperates.

Nick is still tolerating his feeds well. Last night was a weight night, and Nick is now 1lb 1.2 ounces. Small growth, but some is better than none.

Right now, Nick and I both need your prayers so badly. We are both going through so much. I appreciate all of you, and your support.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm sorry that yesterday wasn't a very good day, Jennifer. You listed Nick's weight as 1lb, but meant 2lbs right? Hang in there and try to get some rest. Nick's a tough little guy and I just know he will make it through this. Seems like he might be uncomfortable, which is understandable. I hope you get to do the kangaroo therapy with him soon. I think that he would probably really prefer that to being messed with by the medical professionals. Hang in there. Wishing you the best, Mandy