Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gaining Weight

Nick had a good day today. They had to move the entire NICU to a different room for a few days due to some hospital electrical maintenance. The hospital is still trying to recover from the hurricane. The new room that Nick is in is not as private, so he gets a little agitated at the increase in noise. There are other babies that cry or have machines that make noise, and he really isn't fond of that.

Other than that, he is doing well. He has had some de-sats, but it seems like there is always a reason for them. He had one this evening, but he needed to be suctioned. I am told this is perfectly normal. Since he has the vent, they are giving him humidified air, and that creates a little more fluid. Once he was suctioned, he was fine.

They increased his feeds again today. He is up to 3.6cc's an hour. He also had another bowl movement on his own this morning. His sugars also continue to be lower.

The biggest news is his weight. He was weighed this evening, and has gained another few ounces... 1lb 14 ounces. We are so close to two pounds. I feel like that is such a land mark. I can't wait to get there! That really is the most important thing Nick can do right now is grow. We just want him to keep growing and growing.

I have heard from a lot of you that you would like more photos. I will try to comply with that. Really... I promise to try to take more photos and post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer and Brian - Sharon has been keeping me up to date and sent me the link to your blog today. I just wanted to tell you that you have a really cute boy (must be from Jennifer's side of the family :)) and that I am praying for y'all. Love ya,
Lisa LeMon