Monday, December 8, 2008

One Week Old

I don't really have any new updates for today. Nick is resting this morning. There really aren't any new changes, and that is good.


Basically I am just writing to say that as of 9:10 this morning, Nick is one week old. I can't believe the first week is already over. It went by so fast, and so slow at the same time. I hope the coming weeks go faster and faster, until the time when we get to bring him home.


Bryan and I also wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of you. We were talking last night about all the family and friends that have been supporting us over the last few weeks. These have definitely been the happiest, scariest, and hardest weeks either of us have ever experienced. We are so thankful for the support that each of you has given. We have definitely felt your prayers hard at work, and so has Nick. We are also amazed at the number of people that know each of you, that don't know us, that are praying for us and our Nick. That is very humbling as well as uplifting. It really means so much to us. Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers.


Please keep Nick in your prayers. We are only one week into this journey, and I know there will be hard times ahead.


Here are a few more pictures we took this weekend...

So this is for those of you who haven't seen him. Just to give you an idea of how small he really is, this is Nick, next to a dollar bill. He is about a "dollar and a half".


Just a picture of Nick, and my hand. I think it is funny how he is laying, but that is the way he always sleeps. What is even more funny, is Bryan sleeps like that a lot.

Just a photo of his foot. I am obsessed with his feet. They are SO cute. They are so tiny, although they are big compared to the rest of his body. He has big feet! But they are cute feet.

Bryan and I are going up to the hospital later this afternoon, so I will probably have an update on him later today.

PM UPDATE: We went and saw the little man this afternoon. He is doing very well. They are happy with his progress. He is up to eating 1.5cc's of food an hour. He is tolerating his food well, and doing very well on the ventilator. They may even consider taking the vent out and going to a cpap ( I think that is what it is called). Anyway, it is just something that just goes into his nose and pushes oxygen into him. We will see if they go ahead and do this. They were thinking about it, but no decision as of yet.

They took the light off of him that they had for his jaundice. So that was good. Because he didn't have the light, they were able to take off his sunglasses. He was opening his eyes. I know that he can't see anything, but it was neat to see him with his little eyes open. I didn't want to take any photos of him like that, because I didn't want the flash to hurt his eyes. He lookes so cute though. It was awesome to be able to see his whole face.

No comments: