Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day by Day

Nick is still doing well. Not showing any signs of infection. He had a little bit of a rough night two nights ago. He had quite a few de-sats. They did some tests yesterday and decided he needed a blood transfusion. They have been drawing blood for the past few days to do more testing and he just wasn't able to make up the difference. Once they gave him the transfusion, he did much better. No de-sats at all yesterday, and only two last night. The results of the blood culture should be in tomorrow, so we will know what we are dealing with as far as the staph infection.

He got weighed again, he is now 2lbs 5 ounces. Three more ounces and he will have gained a whole pound from his birth weight. I am so proud of him.

I can't believe he will be a month old in a few days. Time has gone by so slow, and so fast at the same time. I know it won't be long until I get to bring my little man home and be with him all the time. I can't wait for those days.

No comments: