Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Try, Try Again

So, after the conversation I had with one of the doctor's on Monday, I came in Tuesday to find Nick off cpap! He was on 2 liters and doing well. Last night, however, he had a few spells, but instead of putting him back on cpap, they incresed his flow to 4 liters. So, as of 9:30pm, he is still off cpap and doing well. He hasn't had any spells today. He is doing well. I had a lot of pep talks with him over the last few days, so I am hoping that he will stay off cpap. If he does, they will try to give him a bottle sometime in the next few days. I have requested that I be there but it will depend on when they decide to do it.

Nick's weight: 4lb 5.8oz. Guess I am going to have to take those preemie clothes back to the store. He is working his way up to 5lbs.

Of course you know I took photos of Nick without the cpap!



2 comments:

Mandy said...

he's looking quite cozy and comfortable! good stuff.

Anonymous said...

In that top photo he looks like a young version of his Great Uncle Jim...how strong the genes are!