Sunday, January 18, 2009

Awake and Alert

Nick had a very good weekend. He is growing... 3lbs 7.2oz. He has also started being much more awake and alert. It is amazing. My mom, brother and I went to see him today. He was awake the whole time we were there. He just looked around. He would look at us, and look around. When he was laying on my chest, he was still looking around. He was so tired, but he kept trying to stay awake and look around. He was really fighting going to sleep. It was really cute, although I probably won't think that when he is fighting sleep after he comes home.

Nick is starting to fight the cpap machine. I think he really wants to have it off. I can't blame him. They are hoping to be able to take him off cpap in the next week or two. I think he will be so much happier if that isn't on anymore. I almost can't wait as much as he can't. I really haven't been able to see his face all that well. There is always something in the way.
Anyway, I have a new favorite photo now. I know, every week I have a new favorite. This one is too cute though. It really shows how awake and alert he is. He is really starting to gain some weight too. You can see his little double chin. He really hates this, but I can't help but to kiss the chin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O my gosh!!!! What have you been feeding him. His legs look like little ham-hawks. He is so cute and I can't wait to see him this weekend. Talk to you soon.

Mandy said...

He is growing like a champ!