Saturday, January 17, 2009

Growing and Growing

Nick has had a good couple of days. The hernia doesn't seem to be bothering him much. He has been doing well. No de-sats over the last few days. I think they are going to wait until he is about ready to come home to do the surgery. That seems to be the consensus for now.

They stopped giving Nick his morning caffeine this morning. The caffeine was to help stimulate his brain, to make him remember to breathe. It takes about a week to 10 days to fully leave his system. He has to be off the caffeine, and not have any de-sats to be able to come home, so this is just one more step in the process. Hopefully when the caffeine is out of his system he will not have any de-sats. We will see over the next week how he does with that.

Tonight was a weight night. He is now 3lbs 7.2 ounces. Getting to be such a big boy! It is so weird to say that 3 1/2 pounds is big, but considering where we were, it is big. More than double. They say that the next few weeks he should gain weight more and more. From about 34 weeks - 40 weeks, babies gain weight at a faster rate than at any other time.

I have been working these last few days on getting Nick's room ready. I have the furniture now (of course some of it I still have to put together). It is all painted (thanks Troy). I am going to be putting all his stuff away over the next few days. I will post pictures of the room as soon as it is done. I think it is going to be adorable. I can't wait for it to be complete, and for him to be home enjoying it.

No comments: