Monday, January 12, 2009

Eye Exam

They did Nick's eye exam again today. This time, he tolerated it much better. They were able to see what they needed to see and declared that he does not have retinopathy. They won't even have to see him again until he is 6 months old! I am so happy. That is just one more thing we can check off of the list. One more step that makes Nick that much closer to coming home.

I don't think he will be able to be held today, but I am so happy for him, that I will be okay with not holding him... I think.

They did not turn him down from bipap to cpap today. They figured since he was having the eye exam, they thought it best to leave him as he was. He is handling it well though, so that is good. At least they didn't have to turn the rate up. As long as he continues to do well today, they should turn him to cpap tomorrow.

So, all is well on the Nick front. He did a good job today. I am proud of him.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

OMG! Thank God. What a good boy, too. That is awesome, though I have always felt he was going to be fine, it's still great to hear:) He's kinda getting big! I bet you will have a big baby by the time you get to take him home. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted you to hold him 24/7, too. Can't wait to meet the little guy.