Monday, November 16, 2009

Pushing Forward

I have pretty much abandoned the recommendations of the docs from preemie clinic with regard to Nick's food. Not totally, but I figure, what they were asking him to do wasn't working, so we might as well try our own thing. They wanted him to have a set amount of formula (24-28 ounces) and 2-3 jars of food.

Nick doesn't take 24-28 ounce of formula. I think he has taken that amount maybe twice. He is usually at an average of 20 ounces. That is his normal. So, while I still am insisting that he take somewhere between 18-20 (more if he will indulge me). I do allow him as much jar food as he wants. I offer him a bottle, if he takes more than 3 ounces, he can have a jar of food. The other day, he took 6 jars! That is a lot of food for such a little guy, but he loves it.

We started meat as well, which is great because it has so many more calories and protein than the regular food. We will see how it goes.

In other Nick news, he has started waving. I will post a pic soon of this cute new addition to his repertoire. He loves to wave "Hi", however, he doesn't seem to understand the concept of bye. He looks at me like, I have already said Hi to you, why are you waving again.

I love it when my little man learns new things!

No comments: