Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feeding Antics

The cereal eating has finally turned a corner. I was trying everything before, but it didn't seem like Nick really wanted to eat well. He liked it when I fed him. We would talk, he would smile, then spit out almost all the food I put in his mouth. I tried switching brands of cereal. No real improvement. I tried putting the cereal in a bottle. He did better with that, but still not great. Then I tried the cereal with bananas. He LOVES it! He opens his mouth for the spoon, swallows his cereal and opens his mouth for more.

The only real problem with feeding time, is if he is really tired. The mornings go great, but the evening is sometimes a challenge. It did occur to me this evening how crazy I must look through our breakfast window to the neighborhood. I will do almost anything to keep Nick distracted from the fact that he is tired and cranky. This evening, just to get him to eat what probably amounted to 2 tablespoons of food, I sang songs, some I made up, some are kids songs. I danced, I played peek-a-boo by bending down below the high chair. I finally had to stop that to keep from getting dizzy.

I am pretty sure he does this on purpose to what other crazy tricks I will do.

No comments: