Monday, June 1, 2009

Dear Nick,

Today, you are 6 months old. I absolutely can not believe another month has already come and gone. While I hate how fast time seems to be going, I love watching you grow and change.

Over the last month you have made some big changes. You went from waking up twice a night, to not waking up at all during the night. (Please don't change that!) You are eating like a champ. I was thinking back the other day when you were in the hospital and we had to coax you to take an ounce and a half. Now you are taking somewhere between 4-6 ounces almost every 3 hours. You have gained weight, and gotten so long.

We have been working on tummy time, but you really aren't all that interested in it. Right now, you are trying to flip over, but before you can actually accomplish flipping over, you usually just have a melt down. You do love to lay on your back under your play mat. You have started reaching for the toys that hang down. Sometimes, you even succeed in grabbing them.

We have also started spending some more time outside. You LOVE being outside. You can just sit and enjoy your time for hours. Your favorite thing outside is watching the tree blow in the wind.

I can hardly believe that you have been home for 2 1/2 months. On the other hand, so much of your time in the hospital seems like lifetimes ago. You have made my life full. I look forward to every minute I can spend with you. You are such a blessing in my life. I can't wait to see what you will be doing next year.

Love you little man,

Mommy

No comments: