Monday, June 15, 2009

Full Weekend...Long Post

Nick had a few firsts this weekend. On Sunday, he went swimming for the first time. Well, really, I just held him in the water while he looked in amazement. He wasn't really sure if he liked it or not. He didn't hate it though. Here are a few photos...

(Not sure if he likes it or not)

(Still not sure what to think)

(All that swimming makes him tired)

(Of course after a nap, he is all smiles)

Bigger news, on Sunday night, Nick rolled over for the first time! (This link will take you to the video) I have been trying to put him on his belly and get him to try. I have been helping him roll over, but he really didn't seem all that interested. Then, Sunday night, we tried again. He was really mad about being on his belly. That helped. He just kept kicking those little legs. Luckily, I had the video camera handy. It was so great, I must admit, I cried. With a preemie, you have this constant fear in the back of your mind that developmentally, your child may be slower than other kids. I know him rolling over is a small thing, but it meant the world to me. Those little milestones are so important, for so many reasons. I am just glad I got it on video to watch over and over.

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

He's such a cutie pie! Congrats on rolling over, that's awesome!!

AJsMom said...

Yippee. Way to go, big man!