Thursday, June 11, 2009

Still Eating... Sort of.

We are still trying to eat twice a day. Nick has gotten the general idea. He opens his mouth when I put the spoon up to his lips, but as far as actually swallowing the food, we aren't so good at that. He usually smiles, then spits out the cereal.

I think at this point I am learning my hand eye coordination. My arm with the spoon has to maneuver around his flailing arms, fists of fury, kicking legs, and turning head. I think he thinks it is fun to see how hard he can make it for me to actually make contact with his mouth.

The cereal goes on his tummy, behind his tummy, around his tummy, but not much of it makes it INTO his tummy. The other thing he loves to do is suck his thumb in between bites. I think if I actually put little bites of cereal on his thumb, he might actually eat more of it.

All in all, it is going well. He seems to like eating. He just has to get the hang of it a little more.

No comments: