Monday, March 2, 2009

So Big!

Nick is growing at a rate that astounds me everyday. They told me that when he got to be "term", he would pack on the weight, and boy is he. Last night he weighed in at 7lbs 4 oz. I can't believe how big he is. He is going to grow out of his newborn clothes before he even gets home.

The bottles are going better. He still isn't taking every bottle, but he is doing better. It has become more apparent that his lack of taking every bottle has little to do with his ablity and more of him just being stubborn. He can take a bottle, and often does, when he feels up to it. We thought maybe he needed more oxygen, or a rest in between bottles. Nick will take 2-3 in a row, then not take a few. He really likes to exert his will into what he does. That is okay though, his will has carried him this far, who am I to ask him to stop now. When he comes home, I may change my mind on that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7 lbs 4 oz!!! Holy moly! We've got a future linebacker on our hands! ~Crystalle