Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fingers Crossed, Prayers Said

They have set a day for Nick to come home! Saturday is the day. He has had the oxygen off for over a week. He has the tube out of his nose since Tuesday. He is taking his bottles and gaining weight. He has had his hearing test (he passed!). His room is ready. Batteries have been put in the swing, bouncy seat, and mobile. So, I am ready... or as ready as you can be. (All of you moms feel free to laugh now.) It is looking good. Of course nothing is a guarantee until he is in the car seat and on his way home.

Some of the nurses have started saying good-bye. They won't be on service tomorrow or Saturday. I have already started getting teary-eyed. Saturday, I should probably bring a whole box of kleenex. They will be good tears though. Tears of happiness, tears of relief, tears of disbelief, that after 3 months and 19 days, I can finally bring my little man home. I still can't believe it, but everyday I get more and more excited. I can't wait.

The next time I write, I hope to have pictures of Nick riding home in his car seat, asleep in his bassinet, and just taking in his new home. Saturday can't get here soon enough!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

so happy for you! post some new pics of the little guy if you could. this story made my day.