Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Advice... Even Though You Still Didn't Ask For It.

A few weeks ago, I posted things I have learned, and the knowledge I hoped to pass along to other new moms, or soon to be new moms. I recently have thought of another tip or two...

When you go to register for all your goodies, and you are trying to pick the car seat. Pick up the car seat, walk around with it. Try out other brands. Then, buy the lightest! Nick is pushing 11 pounds, but I swear when I put him in that car seat, suddenly, he is 20 pounds.

Speaking of registering... you really never know what your baby will take to. For instance, I registered for and received a beautiful bassinet as well as a bouncy vibrating seat. Both, before I had Nick, moms told me how invaluable those two items were. How needed they were, and how they would make my life SO much easier.

He refuses to be in either. I don't know why. The bassinet, I think maybe he got used to the hospital crib being so hard, then the bassinet was too soft, and he didn't feel comfortable. (Just a theory). He sleeps great in his crib, but refuses the bassinet.

The bouncy seat. You don't know how many times I heard over and over what a life saver this was. He does not like this one bit! Not sure why. Even when it is vibrating away, he really doesn't like it. He can sit in the swing for ever and be perfectly happy, but don't bring out the bouncy seat.

So, while you think all these things are going to help make your life easier, really, it is your child that will dictate what he/she/they will like! Maybe that should be the moral of the story or advice I am giving today... Really it doesn't matter what you think, want, plan, or try. Ultimately, your child will really be the boss.-

That concludes today's advice. I will share more tidbits of advice as I learn it... given that I have only had 2 posts of advice, I don't appear to have much more knowledge than any of you!

MOMS: Post your best advice to new moms to be!

No comments: