Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Care Days

Nick started day care last week. Up until then he was in the care of a great woman in her home. I loved that environment for him, but the commute was far (20-30 minutes extra each way). There is a great day care right near the house. So great, in fact, that there is a waiting list. I have had him on the wait list for a few months. He was set to begin Aug. 2nd.



So far, the transition has been fantastic. I was so worried that he would be a little overwhelmed with all the new stuff. I think I was more worried about the routine. Up until now, if he was tired, he slept, if he was hungry, he ate. Now, he eats on schedule, naps on schedule.

I am happy to report that he has adjusted fantastically. (Is that a word?) The first day he walked in with me, and was so excited about all his new friends - he almost forgot that I was there. When I requested a kiss and hug good-bye, he obliged, but went right back to sitting at the table with friends (3 girls I might add) - and playing.

It has really been a good thing so far. He is eating dinner better, he naps for the entire nap time during the day. He is genuinely happy to go to school. Every morning when I tell him we are getting ready for school, he smiles and says "cool!" (school).

The only problem we have had was the nasty eye infection he picked up at the end of last week, but I guess that comes with the territory. For now, happy and healthy and loving his new school!

Next week Nick will have two developmental assesments. I can't wait to find out how he is doing. I know that chances are he will still be behind in some areas, but I know that he is quickly catching up. His vocabulary is starting to explode, he is growing and learning! It is so neat to watch him grow.




This is from a recent photo-shoto at work. I loved the idea!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

he looks so prescious in that picture! ah! nick will move ahead of kids eventually. i can see it already.