Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Happened to my Baby?

The other day Nick was sitting in his high chair pleasantly eating his gnocchi (more on that later), when I noticed... he is starting that morph from "baby" to "toddler". I know it is inevitable, and I am happy to see him grow and thrive, but I guess I was just caught off guard because I wasn't looking for it. I just saw him sitting there, and bam, he looked like a toddler to me. Sadly, I didn't grab the camera to capture this moment, but I will post photos soon.

Gnocchi - this is the chosen food for now. Nick is transitioning in his food as well. He pretty much refuses all baby food. Even the 3rd foods with some texture. I think he prefers to feed himself ("independent" would be the understatement of the year!). Anyway, trying to find soft foods that he likes, has enough calories, and that he can easily chew with his 4 teeth is sometimes a challenge. I have tried other pastas, but he didn't eat them well, especially if I had to feed him. I saw the gnocchi in the store, right size, soft, caloric rich, why not. He loves them. Warm them up with a little butter, and he goes to town!
I didn't take any photos of Nick the other night when I had my little moment of "Oh my, I am on the cusp of having a toddler", but we did have a little "hair fun" after bath time. His hair is SOOOO thin (thanks for that Tiffany!), so I don't want to cut it, but the top is getting pretty long. I apologize for the quality of these photos - I took them with my camera phone because it was the first thing I could get my hands on, and I knew he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to grab my camera.
I don't style his hair like this everyday- just for fun. This is what he looked like 2 minutes later....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nick is so cute! I love his hair! I have the same thoughts everyday when I look at Brody and see him learning something new! I put the camera in my child's face quite often and now he has learned to embrace it by being a big cheese and smiling for the camera.

Take Care-
Sarah

Mandy said...

if nick loves the gnocchi, and you have a trader joe's nearby, definitely have to try theirs! it's yummy, and in the frozen food section. does he like mac & cheese yet? btw, he is one stinkin' cute toddler!

Tiffany said...

Sorry about the hair...bella now has a mullet...her fault really, she likes to but her rubberbands out of her hair and apparently she has no feeling in her head cuz she pulls out chunks of hair and hands it to me like nothing ever happened....on another note...I remember the day that I noticed vic was a little boy and not my baby anymore...he passed out early one night and I had to undress him, when I threw his overalls in the laundry basket I heard a clunk...I went to investigate...I found a hotwheel, 2 quarters and some rocks...I sat on the floor and cried...I do that...it was an alarming discovery for me! Good luck