Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not Much

Sorry it has been a bit since I posted. Not much has been going on here. Nick continues to protest to the "baby food", opting instead for food that he can feed himself. His assertion of his independence is a great source of joy for me, but frustration as well. If he is this independent now, what will happen in 5 years, or 10 years? Help! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore watching him grow and learn, but how do you convince a 14 month old to eat when he would rather play in his food - and don't even think about trying to feed him. That will get you a clamped mouth, and furrowed eyebrows.

He is learning new tricks and words it seems almost daily. His favorite "bye" with a hand wave has now been replaced with "hi". Every morning, we spend a few minutes of him pointing to things, I give it a name (door, window, dog etc) then he waves and says "hi".

Still pulling up, getting closer to walking. However, he has learned the art of climbing. The dogs being his favorite "step stool" of choice to get on the couch. He tries to climb anything he can get his feet on top of.

Just a little of what we have been up to. Tomorrow Nick gets his (hopefully last) RSV shot of the season. I am crossing my fingers for 20lbs so we can get out of that rear-facing car seat! Think heavy.

No comments: