Monday, September 21, 2009

2 Appointments

Two posts in two days... I either have something to say, or I am just putting off the laundry that needs to be folded, and the accounting homework that is due Wednesday. Either way, here it is.

Nick had two appointments today. I think he is responsible for getting UTMB out of the red, but that is a post for another day. We met with Kristin, the study formula nurse. Nick got his weight check... 14lb, 6 oz. He gained 6 oz in 1 week! His average for the last 4-5 months has been 1/2 pound every two weeks. He gained almost a half a pound in a week! His preemie clinic doc will be so happy! (I hope)
We also had an audiology appointment. Many of the drugs Nick got while in the NICU can have adverse affects on his hearing. He passed with flying colors. The tech said that many babies have a hard time doing the hearing test. They don't like the little device in their ear, and they won't be quiet long enough to get the info needed. Nick was so interested in looking at the tech, and trying to get her to smile at him, he did the whole test, both ears in less than 5 min. He passed, and is done with audiology.

I did however consider coming home and dipping him in a vat of anti-bacterial hand wash. Sitting in the waiting room for both appointments, you would be amazed at how many kids are sick with the flu. (I assume it was the flu because the check in nurses made the kids wear masks.) I resisted the urge to dip his whole body, but I did wash both of our hands... twice.
On a side note, all this growing he is doing, Nick can finally fit into some of the outfits I bought a while back. Too bad we are about to change seasons...


No comments: