Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Every. Single. Time.

Nick can read me like a book! And not in the good way. No matter what I try to do, or plan, or think, Nick does the exact opposite of what I think he should/will do. If I think he will take 7 ounces of formula, he takes 3. If I make a 3 ounce bottle, he takes 7. I know lots of babies do this type of thing often, but Nick does it Every. Single. Time.

Since Nick began eating solid foods, everyone said, wait until you feed him sweet potatoes, he will love sweet potatoes. I think I heard this every day. Nick, hates sweet potatoes. Applesauce and the "sweet" things that most babies like, he is not really that fond of.

The biggest thing I see is when I take him out of this house, he is a totally different baby. Here, with me, he is the smiley, happy, gregarious baby who talks and babbles and squeals. The minute he leaves this house, he is this wide eyed baby who you can't make smile no matter how many antics you perform. He also tends to be much more fussy outside of the house. I think no one believes me when I tell them how fun he can be. All they see is a "fussy baby".

I have tried to get this fun baby on video. Nope. He sees the video camera and becomes that "fussy baby". Every. Single. Time. I have tried to sneak up on him. I have tried to video him when he isn't paying attention. He knows.

Even Monday while we were at the preemie clinic appointment, the occupational therapist (who was also his therapist while he was in the hospital), told me when you read all those baby books, just assume Nick will do the exact opposite of what the book says he should do. That is just his lot in life. I feel sorry for me!


No comments: