Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Almost There....

Nick is still going strong off of his cpap. They have been turning down the pressure on his nasal cannula. He started at 4 liters and is now down to 3 liters of pressure. The goal right now is to have him down to 2 liters by Friday, then possibly early next week see how he takes a bottle. Of course if there is one thing I have learned it is that although we have plans, Nick has plans of his own, and we have to go with what Nick wants.

He is doing so well off cpap. His oxygen level has been in the 90's consistently. That is really good. Before, he only seemed to be in the 80's.

We continue to have our daily bath dates together. It is really the highlight of my day. He is so awake and alert and happy after his bath. I love looking into his eyes when he is so awake and talking to him. He just looks at me. It feels like he knows who I am. That is an awesome feeling.

Nick continues to grow at a good rate. He is now 4lbs 8.7 ounces. I can't believe he is almost 5 pounds. He has come such a long way. I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of this long tunnel. We are almost to the point of Nick coming home. I am not sure I will believe them when they tell me I can take him home.

No comments: