Thursday, June 10, 2010

George

I don't know when or how it started. It was probably all my fault, mainly because there is no one else to blame. I heard the advice and didn't follow it and now must pay the consequences. Nick has a "George". George sleeps with Nick every night.
Like I said, I don't know how this started. I don't' remember. Every night when I put him to bed, he grabs George by the neck, rolls to his side, sticks a thumb in his mouth and that is how he falls asleep.

For a few weeks months ago, I kept thinking to myself that I needed to take George away and replace him with various other stuffed animals to change it up a bit so he wouldn't get too attached. Before I could do that we had a little diaper leak incident, which lead to washing George, and a bad mommy who forgot to put him in the dryer, thus he was not ready for bed. I prayed when I put him to bed that night, he wouldn't notice the brown stuffed animal that was in his bed wasn't George.
He did. When he layed down, wrapped his arm around... wait, this isn't George. He sat up in bed, looked at me and began to cry. Yeah, I felt about this (see me showing you an inch between my two fingers) big.

He cried for an 45 minutes until he finally fell asleep. But not before he threw the new animal out of his bed.

The next night George was clean and dry and waiting for Nick in his bed and bedtime.

I have managed to keep George as an "at home" toy. Mostly he stays in bed, but every once in awhile George is allowed to venture out of the bed (like last night - we have 2-3 molars coming in and got shots yesterday- can you say cranky baby?).

George always makes everything better.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sam had a favorite monkey stuffed animal that Mom kept, even until now, in her garage. He also had a bear I think. But that monkey was his favorite. I can't recall the monkey's name. Funny that Nick has the same thing! Don't worry about it.

Melissa said...

That's so cute!! Meagan has a little lion she likes to play with and hold onto in bed. Natalie likes blankets and puts her two fingers in her mouth!! So funny!!