Thursday, May 20, 2010

When?

When did my sweet, loving, happy, baby turn into this whining, toddling, throw himself on the floor and throw a fit, thinks that mommy can do nothing right toddler? And how do I change him back?

It isn't really that bad, but lately, he has had his moments. Tonight, I was "that lady". You know the one, the mom in the restaurant/store/clinic that has the whinny kid, that won't stop whining, crying, or just being an unpleasant child. Yeah, tonight was my first experience being "that mom". The one that everyone at every table around us was probably thankful when we left. Usually Nick is so good at restaurants. He loves to look at all the people, eat, try to get the girl at the table next to us, or the waitress to smile and flirt with him. Not tonight. Nothing I did made him happy/content. Is this a sign of what is to come?

I only hope he makes it through his toddler years! Good thing I love him so much!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

oh...poor jennifer:( he will just have his days, i am sure. the trick is to not feed tantrums. when he's flipping out, respond with calmness - be quiet and even aloof, and make a quick exit when in public if you have to. perhaps he has growing pains and be a bit sore and testy during growth spurts?..seen that before, especially in boys. good luck