Friday, March 4, 2011

Mardi Gras!

Growing up in Galveston, Mardi Gras was always a huge part of my life. My parents took my brother and I to parades when we were little. I always came home from school to go, and always have so much fun. I knew Nick would love going.

Last weekend, I took him to the day parade (the night parade is just a little too rowdy, and late for my little man just yet). At first he was confounded as to why we were standing in the street- as that is usually a "no no". Once the parade started with the bands and floats and the throwing of beads - he was all in!

He would dance around when the bands would march by and then when the floats came, he quickly learned how to stick his little hand up in the air and yell for beads. He cleaned up! He loves Mardi Gras!




















No comments: